Tuesday, July 23, 2013

This Is My Blood

Many pro-lifers are familiar with the eerie similarity between Christ's words at the Last Supper, when He instituted the Eucharist, and said, "This is my body," and the cry of the pro-abortion advocate "It's my body." It has been remarked upon many times.

Today I was thinking about this, and then I thought of the next words Christ said, "This is my blood," and I thought of this:

My children are my blood. They have "drank of my blood" (taken my DNA) to have life within them.

It made me think of how every time a woman justifying abortion says "This my body," there is also a man who could say, "This is my blood."

2 comments:

jen said...

I can honestly say that I had not thought about it that way before.

Daniel, by the way, was a very large part of my pro-life conversion.

Anonymous said...

neat connection :)